Monday, August 23, 2010

The Reunion

Saturday, August 21, we had our reunion!

It also happened to be Evan's birthday...17 years old!

Nice glasses, Evan!

It was great to see so many make it... Steve said he thought only about 5 didn't make it!

Megan was there...Liliana, Kayla, Camille, Hannah, and Riley were there...Chad, who is already signed up for South Pacific Adventure (yeah!) and Gabe were there...
Chris wore his tuxedo...and Billy was there...oh, there's Chad again!Sebastian, Carrie, and Rae were listening to Sav tell a story...
Rae, Genevieve, and Sarah were listening too...
We had a potluck and about 1 p.m., we lined up to eat... Steve, Chad's dad, was letting the alumni go first...

I didn't take as many photos as I normally would since I brought one of my grandsons with me...Emerson! However, after we ate, I tried to get around to get some group shots. Gabe, Sebastian (who is also signed up for South Pacific Adventure (Yeah!) along with his sister), Chad, Megan, Sarah and Katie were catching up on their summer...Soran didn't really want me to take her picture. She sort of avoided the camera in Europe...and she was avoided it here...so I just ...sort of took a picture of her...from the side...

Liliana may have been talking to Grace....who got a little lost trying to find this small little town...
Liliana was getting some directions from Roxana, Billy, Chris and Hannah... (that may not be true!)...
We had some of our wonderful parents here...and even some of our wonderful grandparents!While the alumni were catching up with their friends, some took advantage of the quiet to check their email...

Riley's dad and Steve were talking about...well, I have no idea...
and because it was Evan's birthday...his 17th birthday, his Mom brought a cake so we could all sing and share it with him!
More of our parents were watching their kids singing Happy Birthday to Evan...
I had to tackle my little man and put him in his stroller so I could eat...so we could eat...he was a live wire, loving to run and explore the square...Now this is Riley's German-sister...the sister in the family where he stayed for his home stay. His mom was talking to her about life in northern California...Peter's grandparents enjoyed watching him with all his new friends...
Gabe, Sebastian, Chad, Camille, Katie, Grace, Danielle, Cori, Kayla, Evan, Megan, & Riley
Julie and Katie...a HUGE thank you to both of these ladies for organizing our reunion! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Riley with his German-brother...who is actually going to stay in North America and go to school in Vancouver!

Gabe, Hannah, Camille, Grace, Roxana, Genevieve, Megan, Sebastian, Carrie, Chris, Riley's German-brother, Riley, and Kayla...
I didn't get photos of everyone...but like I said, I had a little man I was chasing around... a little 15 month old little guy!
I hope everyone enjoyed the reunion, I know I did. I had a couple of alumni tell me we should have a reunion at least once a year...even twice!
What a summer this has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment